8-week No More Shoulds mindfulness course
Learn mindfulness and coping techniques specifically designed to help you find your best self: calm, unflappable and resilient you. Together with a small, supportive group, over 8 weeks you will create and embed a personalised set of lasting habits to find calm and showcase your best self to your family, your friends, your colleagues and, most importantly, to yourself.
Online and face-to-face courses available – see latest dates and times below.
“Amy is an excellent teacher and guide. The course helped me take control when I’m being overwhelmed by my feelings and to take the story out of situations. I now feel calmer and more patient.”LUCY, ABINGDON, OXFORDSHIRE
What are the core skills we will learn?
The course takes elements of mindfulness (MBCT, MBSR and Loving Kindness schools), hygge and group coaching to create a unique and transformative experience for every group.
- Awareness of our thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations
- How to be in the moment, regardless of what it holds
- How to decenter from our thoughts so we can observe them objectively with curiosity
- How to accept what is, rather than trying to change it
- How to let go of what should be, of any discrepancy between this and reality.
Who is it for?
Anyone who would like to find their inner calm and resilience – to tame their monkey mind.
Both men and women aged 18+, regardless of experience level, are welcome.
PART 1: learning to concentrate and to identify our thoughts
- Week 1: Identifying automatic pilot
- Week 2: Identifying barriers to and challenges with meditation practice
- Week 3: Mindful walking and working with the breath
- Week 4: Distractions: Sounds and thoughts
PART 2: learning to accept and let go
- Week 5: Our relationship with challenge and difficulty
- Week 6: Our relationship with thoughts and feelings
- Week 7: A mindful life: how to best be kind to yourself
- Week 8: A mindful future: acceptance and change going forward
Booking deposit: £25 Second instalment: £190
- 8 x 90-minutes group sessions in locations hand-picked for cosiness
- all course materials, including the complete series of guided meditation recordings to take away
- development of your personal action plan
- private Whatsapp/Email group for support and guidance between sessions
- refreshments each week
- follow-up meet one month later (if desired by group)
COURSE DATES & LOCATIONS
|START DATE||DAY & TIME||LOCATION|
|12th September 2020||Tuesdays |
|The Music Room, Eynsham||BOOK|
“Amy is a wonderful teacher, who very quickly puts you at your ease and makes you feel relaxed and safe in your surroundings. Having never done any mindfulness before I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I found Amy’s course extremely helpful and often very powerful. I have learnt a lot about myself during the course, as well as the need to be kinder to myself – something which I will forever be grateful for. Thank you so much! ”CHRISSIE, ABINGDON, OXFORDSHIRE